Location: Bank End, London
Size: 40,000 sqft
Duration: 6 weeks
Project: Refurbishment of existing wine tasting experience and other adjoining spaces
Scope of Works
- Strip-out and removal of the existing partitions, linings, flooring, electrics and fixtures ad fittings.
- Installation of new partitions and linings, including curved walls and oak timber slatted panels.
- Lay polished concrete, stone resin and oak timber flooring.
- Decorations to walls and ceilings.
- New joinery elements, including new reception counter,corian breakfast bar / seating bench, circular pedestals, curved experience pods and tiered threate seating, bespoke enomatic units.
- Power & Data alterations to the new design.
- New lighting throughout the space and bespoke feature lighting to the various area.
- Bespoke tree shapes.
- Stretched fabric bottle shapes.
- Frameless Glass Partition to the theatre and reception areas.
In June 2012, London based Marketing Company, EMG, produced an outline design to refurbish the existing wine tasting experience and other adjoining spaces within Vinopolis, London.
The Designers, Fourmation, wanted to create a new journey through this space, using both informative and interactive aspects including Wine and Tapas tasting.
In order to create this new experience, the various rooms or vaults, were split in to defined spaces such as a Theatre, White & Red rooms, a Geography area and a Winery.
Each space had its own unique and bespoke feel from tiered timber Amphitheatre style seating in the Theatre, stretched fabric wine bottle shaped ceiling lights in the Red & White Rooms, circular cask style interactive pods in the Winery and enermatic bottle dispensers within timber clad surrounds throughout the experience.
Not only did the design have to be developed and signed-off within 4 weeks of contract agreement, but it also had to be delivered within a very strict 6 week programme following the end of the London Olympics. And not to mention the usual budget restraints that had to be operated within!